Sunday, December 12, 2010

Conversations with Self

This class was a challenge! I have talked before on this blog about how I sometimes feel each journal page needs to be deep, meaningful and to challenge the things that I feel are not good enough in my life or need improvement. I (like many others) have issues from my childhood about how I was raised, childhood anxieties and to be honest just some really shitty memories. I really didn’t want to go down that path with this class, and made a conscious effort to look at the positives of being a little girl growing up in Australia. I took some time out to reflect on what I used to do as a child. How did I play and use my imagination. I know I loved making things to sell in my ‘shop’ (my poor neighbours had dozens of plaques for their doors made out of dry play-doh), playing in the rainforest near my home and riding my bike. Then I remembered when we moved into a house when I was five which I loved. There was rainforest nearby, it was near the beach and my best friend lived in the next street. The first day we come to the house the back yard was overgrown with tall dry grass. My Dad got out the lawn mower and made a maze for me to play in! It was great, I spent all day in there hunting for animals and pirates and princes. This memory really sums up my ‘essence’ as a child. I was full of adventure, fearless and always wanting to learn and explore. I wrote a letter to myself from my 5 year old self. I wrote about my adventures and the things I love doing. This page has everything I loved about being a child all wrapped into one!   

1 comment:

  1. I loved reading your post, Tania! I felt like I was there with you. I especially liked reading about your dad mowing the maze path for you. How cool was that?!! Thank you for finding the courage to take my workshop. You're right - a lot of people would rather not venture back to childhood. I have found it to be invaluable! Hugs from Angelia

    ReplyDelete